Friday, January 25, 2008

I've read a book of Dr. Kang Young woo, who is blind, but was named policy advisor of the National Council on Disability of the U.S. White House in 2001.

After he graduated with honors at Yonsei University, he went on to the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania, and became the first blind Korean to earn both a masters degree (Psychology) and a doctorate (Special Education).

Even he is visually impaired, he came to study in U.S and receive Ph.D and got a faculty job.And his family 2 sons, are well educated and became laywer and doctor.

As I read the book, I thought of the many problems I bemoan in my own life such as foreigner, poor English, getting old.However, these are very minor limitations compare with Dr. Kang.

It was and being a wake-up call to me and everyone who is able to walk, run, see and talk.

I felt like God was shaking me by the head and shoulders.

God is talking to me "Stop dwelling on your complaints and disadvantages.

I want to remind this Today.

"Stop worrying about what you don't have".

Focus on what you do have which are, social ability, smile, work hard. research experience.

And I will puy my whole energy to making the best of them."

No comments: